1. To enrich, harmonize and support the academic and community programs of Southern Christian College in fostering lifelong learning.
2. To support the instructional process by acquiring informational and educational printed and non-printed library materials as required by the curriculum and the needs of its constituents.
3. To organize library materials for effective use.
4. To serve as a learning laboratory where clientele come to work critically and productively with ideas.
5. To stimulate and encourage the lifelong habit of good reading and to play its role in the wider realm of scholarship beyond the campus.
6. To respond to technological changes by monitoring and administer the increasing variety of formats: electronic, audio and video.
7. To provide instruction/orientation on the proper use of print, non-print, and electronic resources in a variety of ways, including workshops, electronic demonstrations of library collection.